After reading the story and seeing many movie and stage variations of A Christmas Carol, I began to think, we know all about Scrooge, but what about everybody else? I was developing some plotlines for parts two and three of my One Wizard’s History series, but I wanted to also have a story that was mostly just the Dickens characters alone, not only included in the worlds of Hogwarts, Middle Earth, and the like. I started Carols of Christmas to answer that one question: What about everybody else? I included Scrooge in the intro chapter because I knew he would obviously come up quite a bit eventually, but not necessarily in his own narrated chapters, though he was the central focus of the Dickens story. I mainly originally wanted to focus on Jacob Marley, as well as Bob Cratchit, because I’d already mentally developed their back stories quite well before starting COC, when I was planning OWH. I was also planning the Ghost of Christmas Past’s story to be revealed in part 3 or 4 of OWH, not part 2. His story ended up being more in-depth in Carols of Christmas than I first intended for Chapter 10. At the request of one of my readers, I revealed information about Fred that, in 2006, I realized I knew would also be relevant to One Wizard’s History, though I forgot about it until Chapter 11. The title, Carols of Christmas: A Dickensian Tale, itself is an obvious reference to the classic story.
No comments:
Post a Comment